Friday, March 6, 2009

Post #1: Welcome!

Welcome to Off The Cuff!

This is Zanne Avenue’s forum for sharing various Zanne news, for jewelry networking, and for friends and customers to see what’s happening beyond the website.

As of January 2009, I put a cap on my day job as a newspaper photographer--
*plug* (I still freelance:
http://www.suzanneschmidphoto.com/)
and I now have time to dedicate myself full-time to Zanne Avenue Jewelry!

The first order of business was to build a studio in my new apartment.
Zanne Avenue Day 1: I ventured into the very scary, Hannibal-like basement with a wee keychain light and bolstered courage:

It was a treasure trove of discarded items from tenants past! Like my own private, dank thrift store, I pillaged everything. In full recycle/reuse Zanne Avenue spirit, I swiped two forgotten doors and gave them new life. Here I am attaching legs for what will become my two work tables:

As evidenced by my bagged eyes and bed-head hair, I began my morning exceptionally early. Like noon:

A few days and a few dozen Salvation Army jars for grommets later, my beauteous studio was finished, complete with a cheesy, high school-style, collaged wall of surfer magazine pics to remind me of home. And the zebra tail for a touch of class:

Here’s a crazy composite panorama for your viewing pleasure:

Thanks for stopping by, and stay tuned for more Zanne-tastic news!
Craftily Yours,
-Zanne
http://www.zanneavenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment